Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Care package and nesting!

I found out this week that we can send a care package to Kai's orphanage. So, yesterday, I went out and bought a few things to put in a box. We'll send him a little photo album with pictures of us, the house and his room, a stuffed animal, a disposable camera so they can take pictures of him in the orphanage, and some stickers and candy.

I have also been "nesting" like crazy. You hear about this when you are pregnant. You know, the woman decides she will redo an entire room in a day or something like that. Well, I have been feeling this desperate need to get all the little projects around the house that I have started completed. Yesterday after finishing up two projects that required some rearraning of furniture, I realized I wanted to changed the color of our bedroom. We have a lot of paint in our garage as a result of repainting every room in the house when we moved in. So, I went out to the garage, chose a rich brown, Mocha, by Sherwin Williams to be exact, and started putting it up on the walls to see if I liked it. And guess what? I DO!

Today I need to finish painting our room, then hang the vintage floral prints I finally cropped and framed, and spray paint some other picture frames black to match the room better. I also want to rent a carpet cleaner this week as well. I wish I always felt this motivated.



No comments: