Monday, July 9, 2007

The phone finally rang!

We have Letter of Confirmation!!!! Betty called me this afternoon around 2pm! I love this woman! She said that she was not expecting us to receive this information so early. Oh yeah! (I didn't tell her that I was hoping for it last week.) I guess we were the last people on her list that she thought would come through this time. But as she said, "Sometimes the CCAA surprises you and works fast." How about that? Our paperwork is moving fast through China! Who would have thought? I am so excited!

What does this mean as far as when we leave for China? Here is what I understand after talking to Betty:

We overnight our signed Letter of Confirmation.
Then we wait 2-3 weeks for Final Travel Approval

Then we actually travel 3-5 weeks after that.

Which puts us at 6 weeks best case scenario (which is of course what I shall be pulling for!) and 8 weeks bad case. It is 6 weeks because it may take a week to get the signed Letter of Confirmation to Beijing.

So, that would be towards the end of August. August! That is when I wanted to get him, but all signs pointed to that being wishful thinking. It looks like it could happen now!

Pretty darned cool. I just want to thank anyone and everyone who has been praying and thinking about us and Kai this whole time. Josh and I are surrounded by amazing friends and family and wonderful church community. It just means so much to Josh and Elizabeth and I and to Kai too, as I believe it makes a huge difference. What a super-great-fantastic day!

Kate

"The hills are a-live, with the sound of muuuuuuu-sssic...AAAHHHH, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh...."
Oh, to have a billowing skirt to twirl in right now.....would just make the moment perfect! Ha!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Like Maria before you, just pull down the curtains and twirl around with them!

Awesome news!!! We're super duper excited for you! And our fingers are crossed for the 6 week time frame!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet Kai!