Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Our schedule in China

Ok guys, here is the rundown of what we will be doing each day:

August 22-Leave Indianapolis for China

Aug. 23-Arrive in Beijing 9:20pm (I am happy about this as we can then just go to bed right away)
Stay at Zhaolong Hotel (3 nights)

Aug. 24-Aug. 25 Tours to see the Great Wall, Summer Palace and Forbidden City. Acrobatic show on Friday afternoon. (Can you even believe that we will actually see all of these places?)

Aug. 26 Morning Beijing to Guangzhou
Stay at the White Swan hotel -12 nights- My goodness! This is a long time to stay somewhere. Hopefully I will make some friends with the hotel staff!

Aug. 27-Monday afternoon: Go to Civil Affairs Bureau to get Kai!

Aug. 28-Complete adoption

Aug. 29-Apply for Child's passport

Aug. 30-Tour or free time

Sept. 3-Visa picture taken for Kai and medical exam

Sept. 4-Obtain passport, free time or tour

Sept. 5-visa application submitted

Sept. 6-Group oath at US Consulate

September 7th- Fly home! Arrive in Indy at 6:05 pm

We can also chose to visit the orphanage, which we will definitely do, but I am not sure what day that will happen. I have a "travel call" with my coordinator this Friday to go over everything. I am hoping that we will meet up with a few families at the end at the White Swan hotel. For now, that's what I know!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What an exciting schedule!!!

B-squared said...

Me again....
I was looking at your schedule and loved the comment about making friends with the hotel staff. And you know what - you will! They have staff on each floor at the WS, waiting for you when you get off the elevator, directing you to your room, calling an elevator for you, etc. They will know you after Day 1! It'll be fun! Enjoy!